Since Drake released “Hotline Bling” in July, there have been countless covers and remixes of the single. In fact, there have been so many that the song has become inescapable over the past six months. But now, T-Mobile is getting in on the action with a fresh take on the summer hit.
The company’s Super Bowl 2016 commercial begins with Drake, dressed in his signature turtleneck and Timberlands, performing the “Hotline Bling” music video dance moves as the song plays. Suddenly, three reps for an unnamed cell phone carrier run up to interrupt the Toronto rapper. They propose a few revisions to the lyrics that advertise some unappealing aspects of their company’s service and Drake is only too happy to oblige, insisting that, “these changes don’t ruin the song at all.”
Read More: How to Watch Super Bowl 50 Online for Free
Of course, the changes do ruin the song, which is exactly T-Mobile’s point. “Wireless carriers ruin everything. Switch to T-Mobile, the un-carrier,” a voiceover says.
Watch the full spot above.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism