Bacon lovers, rejoice! Little Caesars announced Monday that a beloved item is back in stores: a deep-dish pepperoni pizza wrapped in three-and-a-half feet of bacon strips and topped with bacon crumbles.
“We wanted there to be bacon in every bite,” says Ed Gleich, Senior Vice President of Global Marketing for Little Caesars.
The $12 pie — official name: “Bacon Wrapped Crust DEEP!DEEP! Dish” — will be available for the next eight weeks. The meat-covered monstrosity first came out in February 2015, and demand for it was so high that the promotion got extended for an extra month, through May.
The company says the pie is one of the most popular product introductions and one of its highest-rated products, based on menu surveys.
But it hasn’t sold enough for the company to put it on the nationwide menu yet. “We just want to see if the interest continues,” says Gleich.
The pie is meant to appeal to millennial customers, who “tend to be more experimental,” he adds. “Once we took it off the menu we were amazed by the amount of people who were disappointed about it on our Facebook page.”
Read next: The 10 Richest Women of All Time
And, because that crowd tends to wear fitness trackers, those counting, take note: Each slice has 410 calories. It’s certainly not healthy, but turns out it’s not as bad for you as some fast-food creations.
The consensus in our newsroom was that the pizza would taste better with a little less meat. Many found the pepperoni and bacon crumbles to be overkill, and left their slices half-eaten.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out