Sriracha-mango and chipotle-pineapple are two of the newest Chobani flavors.
They are the latest products in the brand’s “flip” series, which comes with yogurt and toppings. The sriracha-mango combo is low-fat mango yogurt with “sriracha-coated rice crisps, mini sesame sticks, and roasted and salted cashew pieces,” while the chipotle-pineapple one includes low-fat pineapple yogurt with chipotle-flavored granola, “smoked almonds, and pumpkin seeds.”
Some even see the new flavors as a way to spice up the market amid slowing Greek yogurt sales, as the Wall Street Journal reported in May 2015 that “Chobani’s share of Greek yogurt sales in the U.S. is down nearly 15 percentage points to 44% from its peak in January 2012.” A Chobani spokesperson says the company’s market share trend of Greek yogurt “continues to grow,” as well as sales, which, in terms of dollar sales, have “grown” 11% year-over-year and were up 18% in November.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve