A New York man has sued Miller Brewing Co. over Foster’s beer not being brewed in Australia.
The lawsuit, a proposed class action filed in Brooklyn Federal Court, contends that advertising misled Leif Nelson into purchasing the beer because it was portrayed as being brewed in Australia, when in fact he contends the brewing operation moved to Texas in 2011, the New York Daily News reports.
Nelson’s suit reportedly says he would continue to purchase the beer if it were accurately labeled. Nelson declined to comment and calls from the Daily News to Miller were not immediately returned.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up