A New York man has sued Miller Brewing Co. over Foster’s beer not being brewed in Australia.
The lawsuit, a proposed class action filed in Brooklyn Federal Court, contends that advertising misled Leif Nelson into purchasing the beer because it was portrayed as being brewed in Australia, when in fact he contends the brewing operation moved to Texas in 2011, the New York Daily News reports.
Nelson’s suit reportedly says he would continue to purchase the beer if it were accurately labeled. Nelson declined to comment and calls from the Daily News to Miller were not immediately returned.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org