The first trailer for J.K. Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them has arrived. The Harry Potter prequel is based on the Hogwarts textbook of the same name, which appeared in the original Potter book series.
The film follows magizoologist Newt Scamander, played by Eddie Redmayne, as he navigates 1926 New York during what was meant to be a short visit. Of course, adventure ensues when Newt encounters a No-Maj—American Muggle—named Jacob and some of Newt’s fantastic beasts go missing from his misplaced magical case.
The film marks Rowling’s time writing a screenplay, and will be directed by David Yates, who helmed the last four Potter films. Long-time Potter producer David Heyman is also on board. It also stars Katherine Waterston as Porpetina “Tina” Goldstein, Alison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein, Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, Colin Farrell as Graves, Samantha Morton as Mary Lou and Ezra Miller as Credence.
The movie hits theaters Nov. 18, 2016.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow