The first trailer for J.K. Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them has arrived. The Harry Potter prequel is based on the Hogwarts textbook of the same name, which appeared in the original Potter book series.
The film follows magizoologist Newt Scamander, played by Eddie Redmayne, as he navigates 1926 New York during what was meant to be a short visit. Of course, adventure ensues when Newt encounters a No-Maj—American Muggle—named Jacob and some of Newt’s fantastic beasts go missing from his misplaced magical case.
The film marks Rowling’s time writing a screenplay, and will be directed by David Yates, who helmed the last four Potter films. Long-time Potter producer David Heyman is also on board. It also stars Katherine Waterston as Porpetina “Tina” Goldstein, Alison Sudol as Queenie Goldstein, Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, Colin Farrell as Graves, Samantha Morton as Mary Lou and Ezra Miller as Credence.
The movie hits theaters Nov. 18, 2016.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization