Starbucks’ 2015 holiday cups were criticized by some Christians who argued the new design lacked Christmas symbolism seen on cups in years past.
The protest spread on social media, but now the backlash is getting its own backlash, with Starbucks cup defenders sharing photos of the new cups on social media with the hashtag #ItsJustACup.
Some Twitter users even listed a variety of social issues that their authors believe people should care more about than the design of a coffee cup.
Here are a few examples:
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears