Starbucks’ 2015 holiday cups were criticized by some Christians who argued the new design lacked Christmas symbolism seen on cups in years past.
The protest spread on social media, but now the backlash is getting its own backlash, with Starbucks cup defenders sharing photos of the new cups on social media with the hashtag #ItsJustACup.
Some Twitter users even listed a variety of social issues that their authors believe people should care more about than the design of a coffee cup.
Here are a few examples:
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer