The 2015 edition of Starbucks’ annual red holiday cup has some Christians taking to social media to protest the design’s lack of overt Christmas themes.
The cup, which this year features a range of shades of red, does not include any iconography reminiscent of the holiday season, a decision that a vice president for the company called a “more open way to usher in the holidays.”
See the evolution of the red cups over the last seven years below:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time