On Wednesday, a military blimp detached from its mooring at Maryland’s Aberdeen Proving Ground and, well, floated away. The unmanned blimp drifted northeast into Pennsylvania, where it caused power outages for 21,000 people. Keep in mind that this airship was approximately 242 feet in length — or about two thirds of a football field.
Naturally, people on Twitter found this to be hilarious and absurd. Maybe not as hilarious and absurd as those runaway llamas, but still humorous enough to warrant all kinds of reactions. You know, because on Twitter, everyone gets to be a comedian. Behold:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far