All-day breakfast at McDonald’s received a hero’s welcome among fans of the fast-food restaurant, but franchise owners within the restaurant chain are all not pleased.
A recent survey of the owners found that the new menu, which features breakfast favorites like Egg McMuffins and hotcakes, is slowing down service, causing chaos in the kitchen, and driving away customers. What’s more, franchisees complain they aren’t reaping much financial benefit due to the low cost of most breakfast menu items.
“All-day breakfast is a non-starter. We are trading customers down from regular menu to lower-priced breakfast items. Not generating new traffic,” one franchise owner wrote, according to Business Insider.
The all-day breakfast menu launched nationwide on Oct. 6, though the menu varies depending on region (in some areas McMuffins are offered all day, but in others customers can only buy biscuits). Bigwigs in the corporation have hailed the change as a success, but if the complaints of owners is any guide—it hasn’t been as smooth for those who have to crack the eggs.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy