All-day breakfast at McDonald’s received a hero’s welcome among fans of the fast-food restaurant, but franchise owners within the restaurant chain are all not pleased.
A recent survey of the owners found that the new menu, which features breakfast favorites like Egg McMuffins and hotcakes, is slowing down service, causing chaos in the kitchen, and driving away customers. What’s more, franchisees complain they aren’t reaping much financial benefit due to the low cost of most breakfast menu items.
“All-day breakfast is a non-starter. We are trading customers down from regular menu to lower-priced breakfast items. Not generating new traffic,” one franchise owner wrote, according to Business Insider.
The all-day breakfast menu launched nationwide on Oct. 6, though the menu varies depending on region (in some areas McMuffins are offered all day, but in others customers can only buy biscuits). Bigwigs in the corporation have hailed the change as a success, but if the complaints of owners is any guide—it hasn’t been as smooth for those who have to crack the eggs.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive