Social media exploded in outrage after Fashion Police host Kelly Osbourne tried to defend Latinos from presidential candidate Donald Trump on Tuesday morning’s episode of The View, but ended up offending many of them instead.
“If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?” she responded when asked about what she thought about Trump’s controversial remarks on Mexican immigrants. The candidate previous said that Mexican immigrants are “bringing drugs, bringing crime,” and that “they’re rapists.”
The View co-host Rosie Perez jumped in as Osbourne stammered: “There’s more jobs than that in the country for Latinos, and Latinos are not the only people who clean toilets.”
Twitter quickly joined the conversation with a hashtag, #QueridaKellyOsbourne (Dear Kelly Osbourne).
Update: Osbourne responded to the outcry on her Facebook page:
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up