Police in Lake Elsinore, Calif., are looking into Ariana Grande’s doughnut-licking video, the Associated Press reports.
They’ve teamed up with public-health officials from Riverside County to investigate the incident, which allegedly took place at Wolfee Donuts, a doughnut shop in Southern California.
In a video leaked by TMZ, Grande and a male friend appear to lick a few doughnuts sitting on a tray on the store’s counter.
She later apologized for saying that she hated America in the video but didn’t say anything about licking the doughnuts.
Cashier Mayra Solis, who was working when Grande came into the doughnut shop, told AP that Grande didn’t buy any of the doughnuts that she appeared to lick. “She was really rude,” Solis told the Associated Press.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.