HBO will be coming out with a special Game of Thrones edition of the world conquest board game Risk later this summer, Speakeasy reported this morning. Our only question is: what took them so long?
There is already a Game of Thrones Monopoly out there, in which we can only assume it’s good to be a Lannister (except for always paying those debts), but Risk seems like a very natural fit for the world domination–oriented series.
You can play on a map of Westeros as Houses Stark, Baratheon, Lannister, Martell, and Tyrell, or take gameplay across the narrow sea to Essos and play on a second map as houses Targaryen and Ghiscari. For a real Known World–wide showdown, combine the two boards for a full map and battle it out between all seven houses. Valar Morghulis, indeed.
The game comes with more than 650 pieces, including seven sculpted 45-piece Noble House armies, and it will retail for $74.95 starting in August—be sure to get yours before winter comes.
Head to Speakeasy for all the gory details.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction