If new parents name their babies “Quinoa,” then they can enter to win $10,000 worth of food at the chain BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse. It is a promotion for two new quinoa menu items — one with roasted salmon and one with roasted chicken with spinach.
Reactions to the publicity stunt on Facebook have included comments like “Terrible idea,” “This is whacked!” and “I don’t know…if I didn’t know that it was a grain, I think ‘Quinoa’ would be kind of a pretty name.”
The key here is “enter to win,” so if you don’t win, then you will still have a baby named “Quinoa” to feed.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving