Florals for spring? Groundbreaking. Guacamole for summer? Revolutionary. But, wait! Hear us out for a second, because this particular recipe’s secret ingredient takes the tried-and-true staple to a whole ‘nother level.
Since we take our Mexican food seriously here in L.A., we tapped local food blogger — and “self-proclaimed Queen of Guacamole” — Gaby Dalkin of What’s Gaby Cooking to spill her yummiest guac recipe. Her twist: Goat cheese. That’s right, the ingredient you’ve normally reserved for pizzas and salads is just the thing your dip is missing. “It has the citrus taste that you love from any guacamole recipe,” she says. “But, the tangy flavor from the goat cheese is everything. It’s the perfect complement to the creamy avocado.”
And, kitchen newbies need not worry, because the recipe is easy-as-pie and only takes five to ten minutes to whip up. You should keep one thing in mind at the grocery store, however: “The key to making the best guacamole is picking perfect avocados,” she says. “You need avocados that are just perfectly ripe. Not too firm, and not too squishy.”
Click through for Gaby’s directions — you’re just five simple steps away from your new signature appetizer.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Goat Cheese Guacamole
Serve immediately with tortilla or pita chips, and you’ve got yourself an easy-peasy appetizer — with a creative twist — that your friends will love. ¡Olé!
More from Refinery29: