A few months ago, McDonald’s shared an inside look at how the chain makes its signature french fries. Now, thanks to this handy tutorial from PopSugar, you can make your own copycat snack at home.
It’s certainly a much more labor-intensive process than simply walking to the nearest McDonald’s location and buying some — but this way, you can make them without chemical additives like citric acid and sodium acid pyrophosphate. According to another McDonald’s video released earlier this year, the recipe contains 19 ingredients, but to make this at-home version, you just need potatoes, corn syrup, peanut oil, beef lard, water and salt. Oh, a decent knife will help too.
Watch the video tutorial above, and check out the full recipe here.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time