Shawn Carter, a.k.a. Jay Z, doesn’t tweet very often, even though he has 3.16 million people there following his every word. Although he’s been on the social network since November 2008, he doesn’t follow anyone (not even his wife Beyoncé) and has only posted 231 times.
But with all the flak that his recently launched artist-owned music-streaming service Tidal is getting, the rap mogul finally felt the need to get on Twitter and counter all the haters.
First he had to reassure the fans and reiterate that Tidal is just getting started.
Then he had a few words for competitors like Spotify and Apple, of course.
But in the end, it’s all about the people.
And he concluded with a strong but heartfelt message (and a little joke about two of his Tidal co-founders).
Read his entire “Stream of consciousness” on his Twitter page.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time