We weren’t allowed to eat Cookie Crisp growing up. Our parents said unreasonable things like, “It’s just a box full of cookies, not a breakfast cereal.” Logically we understand this is true, but at the time it seemed decidedly unfair. Well now is our chance to get back at them with something even better than tiny cookies: tiny Pop-Tarts. Caitlin Lee from the blog Public Lives, Secret Recipes has unveiled a recipe for homemade, mini-Pop-Tarts cereal.
Homemade Pop-Tarts are a thing of beauty, and if Lee’s results really taste anywhere near as good as they look, the recipe is worth a try. Though if you want it ready for your 8 a.m. breakfast, you may want to set your alarm for about 4:30 in the morning—the process is a bit involved.
More from FWx:
- Laziest Idea in Television History Finally Turns to Food
- Put Down the French Fries if You Want to Make Babies
- Is Lying to Children Really the Best Way to Get Them to Eat Healthy Food
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was