KFC is planning to serve its customers coffee in a cup they can eat.
The fast food chain will soon debut edible cups at all its U.K. franchises, the New York Times reported.
The cups will be made from wafers lined with heat-resistant white chocolate and wrapped in sugar paper, and will be introduced to KFC along with Starbucks brand Seattle’s Best Coffee.
“This type of edible packaging is definitely aligned with the global consumer mind-set in terms of sustainability and simplifying their life,” Shilpa Rosenberry, a senior director for global consumer strategy at consulting firm Daymon Worldwide, told the Times.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now