KFC is planning to serve its customers coffee in a cup they can eat.
The fast food chain will soon debut edible cups at all its U.K. franchises, the New York Times reported.
The cups will be made from wafers lined with heat-resistant white chocolate and wrapped in sugar paper, and will be introduced to KFC along with Starbucks brand Seattle’s Best Coffee.
“This type of edible packaging is definitely aligned with the global consumer mind-set in terms of sustainability and simplifying their life,” Shilpa Rosenberry, a senior director for global consumer strategy at consulting firm Daymon Worldwide, told the Times.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow