When New England Patriots Coach Bill Belichick claimed the team’s under-inflated footballs were the result of “atmospheric conditions,” Bill Nye the Science Guy was quick to debunk Belichick’s not-so-scientific method. “What he said didn’t make any sense,” Nye told ABC News this weekend.
But that wasn’t enough for Nye, who teamed up with Funny Or Die to further call out the coach’s claims with an experiment showing exactly what cold weather does to footballs. But while Nye is waiting for the footballs to cool down to prove his point, he takes captive viewers on a surprising tangent about climate change. “While we’re all obsessed with DeflateGate,” Nye says, let’s keep in mind that there’s something about which you should give a f-ck.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This