For those who didn’t get enough sugar or alcohol over the holidays, here’s a wonderful treat you may have missed: Mercer’s Wine Ice Cream.
Since 2006, Mercer’s Dairy in Boonville, NY, has been making ice creams with real wine, winning a handful of awards since its inception. Each ice cream clocks in at 5 percent alcohol by volume, meaning it is only for those ages 21 and over.
Eight flavors are currently available, including Cherry Merlot, Chocolate Cabernet, Peach White Zinfandel, Port, Red Raspberry Chardonnay, Riesling, Spice and Strawberry Sparkling. Although Mercer’s tries to keep its production local, the company will gladly distribute to anywhere in the United States.
Wine ice cream can be shipped by the pint, half gallon, five-quart pail or three-gallon tub (cause, man, do you want to get drunk on ice cream!). Sounds like you already have the first item for your 2015 Christmas wishlist.
More from FWx:
- 16 of the Best Food T-Shirts You Need to Own
- Sprayable Wine is a Weird New Way to Get Drunk
- Why We Kiss on New Year’s Eve
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow