Matthew McConaughey isn’t letting the haters get him down.
Even though the actor’s stoic Lincoln commercials have provided fodder for SNL, Conan, Ellen, South Park, and just about everyone who has access to YouTube, the star is coming out with a new series of ads set to premiere during college football games on New Year’s Day, THR reports.
The above ad, titled “Balance,” is set in a park and features McConaughey’s musings on life.
“It’s not about huggin’ trees,” he says. “It’s not about bein’ wasteful, either. Just gotta find that balance. Where taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself. That’s the sweet spot.”
In spite of the ready-for-parody script, the Lincoln ads may have proven successful. Lincoln said that sales were up 25% in October when the ads aired.
Here’s the other new ad, wistfully set in a diner.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time