Matthew McConaughey isn’t letting the haters get him down.
Even though the actor’s stoic Lincoln commercials have provided fodder for SNL, Conan, Ellen, South Park, and just about everyone who has access to YouTube, the star is coming out with a new series of ads set to premiere during college football games on New Year’s Day, THR reports.
The above ad, titled “Balance,” is set in a park and features McConaughey’s musings on life.
“It’s not about huggin’ trees,” he says. “It’s not about bein’ wasteful, either. Just gotta find that balance. Where taking care of yourself takes care of more than just yourself. That’s the sweet spot.”
In spite of the ready-for-parody script, the Lincoln ads may have proven successful. Lincoln said that sales were up 25% in October when the ads aired.
Here’s the other new ad, wistfully set in a diner.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears