Have you ever scored a free drink coupon from a coffee shop and fantasized about using it again and again without it ever expiring, entitling you to a daily cappuccino, iced coffee or whatever you’re in the mood for on any given morning? That dream has literally come true.
Starbucks for Life is now a thing, and 14 people in the world will win it, the company announced Tuesday. From now until Jan. 5, customers can enter the coffee giant’s “It’s a Wonderful Card Ultimate Giveaway.” Ten customers in the U.S., three in Canada and one in the U.K. will score the big prize, which includes a personalized 10K hammered gold Starbucks card.
The contest also features 482,000 instant prizes like free holiday beverages and treats, but if you’re as intent on scoring lattes for life as we are, here’s what you need to know:
– To enter, make a purchase at your local store (the nearly-eradicated eggnog latte, perhaps?) using a Starbucks card or the Starbucks mobile app. You’ll receive a unique sweepstakes code on your receipt that can be entered online at starbucks.com/play for your chance to win.
– The grand prize has an estimated value of $54,000. (That’s a lot of those little vanilla scones).
– The gold card itself is worth $5,000 and comes engraved with the winner’s name.
– “Life,” according to the contest, is 30 years. So if you’re on the younger side, don’t expect to score a venti soy chai tea latte every day until you’re 90.
– You can enter up to two times a day using two different entry codes from the bottom of Starbucks receipts.
– The 10K gold card is suitable for framing, not for your wallet. Instead, a free reward will be loaded on to the winners’ My Starbucks Rewards Gold Card daily, which translates to one free beverage or food item. So, as cool as it would be to present that gold bad boy at the register, your prize will be protected and can’t easily be stolen. Yes, we asked, because yes, we’re planning on winning one.