Competitive eater Joey Chestnut cleaned 9.35 pounds of meat off of a 20 pound turkey on Saturday, breaking a new record in the field of competitive eating.
Chestnut devoured nearly twice as much meat in 10 minutes as the previous record-holder, Sonya Thomas, who put down 5.25 pounds of turkey meat in 2011, the Associated Press reports.
The legendary gobbler, who scarfed down 61 hot dogs in 10 minutes to win the Coney Island contest this year, polished off the whole bird at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut. He won $5,000 in reward money, while the remainder of the pot, $10,000, was split among the nine contenders.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up