When New York City named Taylor Swift its new tourism ambassador, many residents scoffed. She’s lived here, for, like, two seconds, people (probably) said. She moved here when she was already a trillion-million-billionaire. What does she know about anything? (As we all know: haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.)
But now, proud lifelong New Yorker Billy Joel has come to Swift’s defense.
“You snoots. Let her in,” the singer told USA Today. That’s what New York is all about. I say, ‘Welcome.'”
So, that settles it. If the Piano Man himself says Tay can stay and be New York’s tourism ambassador, then she can stay. He also added: “I think she’s a talented songwriter. She catches a lot of junk, maybe because she’s so popular with young girls. But I like what she’s projecting. I respect what she’s doing.”
Also, props to Joel for using the word “snoots.” Snoots gonna snoot, snoot, snoot, snoot, snoot.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization