In an apparent attempt to “break the Internet,” Kim Kardashian bared her booty on the cover of Paper magazine this week. (She also posed with a champagne glass resting on her butt, which was clearly the most impressive part of the photo shoot.)
This got a lot of people talking, gawking, reacting, declaring her butt an empty promise, etc. But it caused some to recall an excerpt from Tina Fey’s 2011 book Bossypants, in which she briefly ruminated on women’s body image. Of course, she ends with a line about Kim Kardashian:
“Now every girl is expected to have Caucasian blue eyes, full Spanish lips, a classic button nose, hairless Asian skin with a California tan, a Jamaican dance hall ass, long Swedish legs, small Japanese feet, the abs of a lesbian gym owner, the hips of a nine-year-old boy, the arms of Michelle Obama, and doll tits,” Fey wrote. “The person closest to actually achieving this look is Kim Kardashian, who, as we know, was made by Russian scientists to sabotage our athletes.”
Yup, that about sums it up. So it’s time for us to move on. Shut it down.
- Kim Kardashian’s Butt Might Just Break the Internet Today
- Kim Kardashian’s Butt Is an Empty Promise
- What Does It Mean to ‘Break the Internet’?
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science