Like many terrifying rumors, it started on Reddit.
Redditor joes_nipples posted an image Thursday of a Doritos-flavored Mountain Dew tasting table, aptly called Dewritos with the caption, “It actually tasted like Doritos.”
Kotaku noted that the “liquid cheese” was spotted at Ohio University in late October.
Bridgette Parkins tweeted that they were at Kansas State University, too:
Even though it looks radioactive and is conceptually baffling, apparently tasting like a liquified Doritos isn’t the worst thing in the world. “It honestly wasn’t that disgusting,” the joes_nipples wrote. “It tasted like orange with a Doritos aftertaste. It tasted like straight Doritos afterwards, though. Weirdest thing I’ve ever drunken.”
Joes_nipples also said that Mountain Dew was testing a lemon ginger, mango habanero, and rainbow sherbet flavor, too.
The product isn’t completely outlandish. Fusion is in right now (think Doritos Locos Tacos), Mountain Dew and Doritos regularly have partnerships, the Super Bowl is coming (anything and everything weird happens around the Super Bowl), and people have been kind of petitioning for this for a while.
Although the suggestions for Dewritos might not have been in earnest.
A Mountain Dew spokesperson told TIME that the product is being tested, although there’s no word if it will be coming to a store near you.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve