Lyft announced Thursday that it will partner with Major League Baseball as the official ride for fans, just in time for the playoffs.
The ride will offer car-sharing services to 74 million fans for safe transport to and from ballparks during the 2014 Postseason, which begins Tuesday, Sept. 30, through the entire 2015 MLB season, according to a press release. During that time, Lyft and MLB will offer free ride giveaways and special promotions for the playoffs in October.
MLB hosts over 2,000 baseball events per year, more games than any other professional league. The partnership will give Lyft, which has rapidly expanded across the U.S. this year as a competitor to Uber and other rival services, a shot to further establish greater traction in the ride-sharing industry as it and other players navigate complex regulatory hurdles to entering new markets.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com