Gwyneth Paltrow became the latest celebrity to take on the ALS ice bucket challenge on Wednesday, a social media phenomenon that aims to raise money and awareness for Lou Gehrig’s disease. But what made the Oscar winner’s Instagram video a little more interesting than those of other famous actors is that she nominated her estranged husband, Coldplay singer Chris Marin, to take on the challenge next.
Martin and Paltrow announced their split via her website, GOOP, in March saying they were “consciously uncoupling.” Since, the couple has said they’ve stayed “very close,” and have even vacationed in the Bahamas with their two children together.
They may both get dumped, but it’s for a good cause.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.