Conan O’Brien is the latest high-profile star to take on the ALS ice-bucket challenge — and outdoes everyone in the process. That’s because he seemed to have misunderstood the whole point of the ALS campaign.
“Apparently if I get ice water poured on my head, ALS will then pay me $100. That’s a pretty sweet deal,” said O’Brien as he looked into the camera.
In the video featured on Thursday night’s episode of Conan, the late-night host stood in a black T-shirt and gray shorts as a staff member poured the ice-cold water onto his head.
“Whoa! Wow that was cold!” gasped O’Brien. Someone off-camera then explained that he had to donate money in addition to completing the challenge. He jokingly fired back: “I pay? Why would I do both?!”
O’Brien, of course, did end up donating to ALS. But not before he revealed a hilarious trick of his own. Watch the video to find out.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time