Conan O’Brien is the latest high-profile star to take on the ALS ice-bucket challenge — and outdoes everyone in the process. That’s because he seemed to have misunderstood the whole point of the ALS campaign.
“Apparently if I get ice water poured on my head, ALS will then pay me $100. That’s a pretty sweet deal,” said O’Brien as he looked into the camera.
In the video featured on Thursday night’s episode of Conan, the late-night host stood in a black T-shirt and gray shorts as a staff member poured the ice-cold water onto his head.
“Whoa! Wow that was cold!” gasped O’Brien. Someone off-camera then explained that he had to donate money in addition to completing the challenge. He jokingly fired back: “I pay? Why would I do both?!”
O’Brien, of course, did end up donating to ALS. But not before he revealed a hilarious trick of his own. Watch the video to find out.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022