Conan O’Brien is the latest high-profile star to take on the ALS ice-bucket challenge — and outdoes everyone in the process. That’s because he seemed to have misunderstood the whole point of the ALS campaign.
“Apparently if I get ice water poured on my head, ALS will then pay me $100. That’s a pretty sweet deal,” said O’Brien as he looked into the camera.
In the video featured on Thursday night’s episode of Conan, the late-night host stood in a black T-shirt and gray shorts as a staff member poured the ice-cold water onto his head.
“Whoa! Wow that was cold!” gasped O’Brien. Someone off-camera then explained that he had to donate money in addition to completing the challenge. He jokingly fired back: “I pay? Why would I do both?!”
O’Brien, of course, did end up donating to ALS. But not before he revealed a hilarious trick of his own. Watch the video to find out.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement