For those unable or unwilling to travel halfway across the country at huge expense for a college tour, there might be an answer. Virtual tour firm YouVisit now allows you to take virtual college tours using Oculus Rift, the virtual reality headset bought by Facebook for $2 billion earlier this year.
The technology tracks the user’s eye movements and allows them to see entire rooms from the ceiling to the floor, as if they are actually there.
YouVisit CTO, Taher Baderkhan, said “Our mission, from the day we started the company, is making the campus visit more attainable to students.”
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror