The Ice Bucket Challenge has its latest nominee: President Barack Obama.
Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Sen. Robert Kennedy, issued a call for the president to participate in the viral ALS awareness campaign Sunday from the Kennedy clan’s compound in Hyannis Port, Mass.
Kennedy and her grandchildren doused themselves in ice water, before she issued the challenge to the president. “Welcome to Cape Cod, President Obama. I nominate you,” she said. The video was posted on the Facebook page of Kennedy grandchild Max Kennedy.
A White House spokesperson did not immediately respond when asked whether Obama, who is vacationing on Martha’s Vineyard with his family, would accept the challenge or make a donation to an ALS charity.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now