The Ice Bucket Challenge has its latest nominee: President Barack Obama.
Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Sen. Robert Kennedy, issued a call for the president to participate in the viral ALS awareness campaign Sunday from the Kennedy clan’s compound in Hyannis Port, Mass.
Kennedy and her grandchildren doused themselves in ice water, before she issued the challenge to the president. “Welcome to Cape Cod, President Obama. I nominate you,” she said. The video was posted on the Facebook page of Kennedy grandchild Max Kennedy.
A White House spokesperson did not immediately respond when asked whether Obama, who is vacationing on Martha’s Vineyard with his family, would accept the challenge or make a donation to an ALS charity.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com