The Ice Bucket Challenge has its latest nominee: President Barack Obama.
Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Sen. Robert Kennedy, issued a call for the president to participate in the viral ALS awareness campaign Sunday from the Kennedy clan’s compound in Hyannis Port, Mass.
Kennedy and her grandchildren doused themselves in ice water, before she issued the challenge to the president. “Welcome to Cape Cod, President Obama. I nominate you,” she said. The video was posted on the Facebook page of Kennedy grandchild Max Kennedy.
A White House spokesperson did not immediately respond when asked whether Obama, who is vacationing on Martha’s Vineyard with his family, would accept the challenge or make a donation to an ALS charity.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science