For some reason, people really like to brag about how much they can handle spicy things. Those are probably the same people who chug hot sauce for sport.
We’re curious, though, if those people can handle Ghost Pepper Super Hot Candy Balls made by ThinkGeek. They’re little candies, made with ghost pepper chili powder, that pack more than 1 million SHU of heat each. (For comparison: a jalapeño pepper rates about 3,000 SHU, so yeah.)
Oh, they’re also include a dash of Trinidad scorpion peppers, which, frankly, sound completely terrifying and maybe not safe.
Here’s a video of people taste-testing the candy, and it doesn’t look like the experience is too bad:
If you think you can handle the fire, a 4-oz. package costs $10. Godspeed.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List