Parenthood, NBC’s notoriously sad-yet-heartwarming saga of the Braverman family, will wrap up its fifth season on Thursday —and with the show still “on the bubble” for renewal, this could be goodbye forever.
Waterworks are a regular part of the Parenthood viewer experience, but this finale promises to be especially sob-worthy. So grab a box of Kleenex and fasten your seatbelts for our Parenthood crying game — it’s gonna be a bumpy night.
(No known spoilers follow — not even those given away in last week’s preview.)
- Tear up every time Hank mentions Asperger’s.
- Whimper whenever Sydney pouts.
- Sob if Christina talks about cancer.
- Well up for any and all of Jabbar’s kids-say-the-darnedest-things moments.
- Single tear if prodigal daughter Haddie returns for a visit from college.
- Happy tears whenever Zeek squeezes Camille's shoulder.
- Tears of relief if Oliver Rome finally gets out of the Luncheonette.
- No tears if Hank and Sarah get back together. Really, who cares anymore?
- Snivel if Joel finds out about Julia sleeping with Mr. Knight.
- Merciful tears if he forgives her in the same conversation.
- Blubber with joy if they actually, factually get back together.
- Bawl if Victor says he doesn't belong in the family.
- Tears of rage if Bob Little refuses to lease the school to Kristina and Adam.
- Openly weep when the Braverman crew bids adieu to the warmest, loveliest house on TV.
- And no matter what happens between Amber and Ryan, get ready to bawl your eyes out. Ah, young love!