Say It Isn’t So! Candy Lovers Hospitalized After Eating Tainted Skittles

Otto Greule Jr—Getty Images

Authorities think someone may have tampered with the candy

A pair who ate a bag of contaminated Skittles wound up at the hospital with burning throats, cramping and diarrhea on Tuesday. The Indiana State Department of Health said the package contained some sort of chemical substance. They’re now analyzing the bag at the lab to determine the chemical, authorities told the Associated Press on Wednesday.

The Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Food and Drug Administration are investigating whether someone tampered with the package. Authorities are warning those who have a bag of Skittles with the lot numbers 08JUL14 023 or 01DEC14 023 not to eat the fruity candies and to contact the Indiana State police.


Tap to read full story

Your browser is out of date. Please update your browser at http://update.microsoft.com