With surfable beaches and world-heritage-class parklands, the province of KwaZulu-Natal is eye-poppingly beautiful. KZN, as it’s known, has a warm but mild climate, which is perhaps why Club Med, the popular purveyor of all-inclusive vacations, is planning its first South African resort on the Dolphin Coast, not far outside Durban, KZN’s biggest city. Other fun new attractions include Durban’s +258, a Mozambican restaurant and cultural center, and an hour away, in the KZN midlands, The Old Mushroom Farm, a former farm with work spaces for artisans and self-catering accommodation. —Belinda Luscombe
Correction, July 23
The original version of this story misstated the location of KwaZulu-Natal. It is an eastern province, and is not located in South Africa’s Western Cape.
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time