With surfable beaches and world-heritage-class parklands, the province of KwaZulu-Natal is eye-poppingly beautiful. KZN, as it’s known, has a warm but mild climate, which is perhaps why Club Med, the popular purveyor of all-inclusive vacations, is planning its first South African resort on the Dolphin Coast, not far outside Durban, KZN’s biggest city. Other fun new attractions include Durban’s +258, a Mozambican restaurant and cultural center, and an hour away, in the KZN midlands, The Old Mushroom Farm, a former farm with work spaces for artisans and self-catering accommodation. —Belinda Luscombe
Correction, July 23
The original version of this story misstated the location of KwaZulu-Natal. It is an eastern province, and is not located in South Africa’s Western Cape.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?