With surfable beaches and world-heritage-class parklands, the province of KwaZulu-Natal is eye-poppingly beautiful. KZN, as it’s known, has a warm but mild climate, which is perhaps why Club Med, the popular purveyor of all-inclusive vacations, is planning its first South African resort on the Dolphin Coast, not far outside Durban, KZN’s biggest city. Other fun new attractions include Durban’s +258, a Mozambican restaurant and cultural center, and an hour away, in the KZN midlands, The Old Mushroom Farm, a former farm with work spaces for artisans and self-catering accommodation. —Belinda Luscombe
Correction, July 23
The original version of this story misstated the location of KwaZulu-Natal. It is an eastern province, and is not located in South Africa’s Western Cape.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022