CONTENT FROM SOMPO HOLDINGS
In a continuing series of conversations with leaders who are building a better future, TIME Brand Editor Mark Barton sat down with SOMPO Holdings Group CEO Kengo Sakurada to explore the role of business in a sustainable future.
Kengo Sakurada believes business must be a force for change. The Group CEO of SOMPO Holdings, one of Japan’s largest insurers, Sakurada recently published his first book Bushido Capitalism: The code to redefine business for a sustainable future.
Before setting out to change capitalism, however, Sakurada set about changing his own company and is determined to transform SOMPO from a traditional insurer into a theme park for security, health and wellbeing. Sakurada’s theme park is a venue that delivers real and tangible solutions, innovations and improvements to the lives of its customers and to the broader society.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms