Thanks to surging inflation and increased awareness of the environmental impact of fast fashion, resale has become one of fashion’s hottest sectors, and online consignment marketplace thredUP is capitalizing. This year, its Resale-as-a-Service offering allowed brands like H&M and J.Crew to host online resale shops for their own goods—giving retailers the platform to cut back, and positioning thredUP for significant growth. “If we can help brands build a direct, circular relationship with their customer, that advances the sustainability work they are trying to do,” says CEO James Reinhart. By December, it counted 42 brands as clients, and boosted revenue to $288 million.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time