Chipotle has earned praise for helping farmers switch to organic produce, using renewable energy, composting, and directly tying executive bonuses to ESG goals. Over the past year, it also captured the attention of Gen Z, becoming a top food brand on TikTok with 2.2 million followers, launching a popular Roblox experience, and generating its second highest sales day ever with a burrito giveaway on Twitter. “We wanted to be where our consumer was, whether it’s TikTok, gaming, sports,” says CMO Chris Brandt. Translating TikTok hacks to real menu items and starting TikTok challenges with prizes like a year of free burritos has been a runaway success.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time