Supergoop! has managed to cut through the noise of the multibillion-dollar skin-care industry with a simple idea: SPF protection should be a fundamental part of everyone’s daily routine. While 84% of people don’t wear SPF on a daily basis, 75% of Supergoop! users wear its products every day. Also key to the brand’s success: a recognition that all of us have different skin-care needs. “It’s not about one type of person or lifestyle or gender or skin tone,” says CEO Amanda Baldwin. “It’s about everyone.” In December, investment firm Blackstone took a majority stake that reportedly valued the company at $600 million to $700 million.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out