Supergoop! has managed to cut through the noise of the multibillion-dollar skin-care industry with a simple idea: SPF protection should be a fundamental part of everyone’s daily routine. While 84% of people don’t wear SPF on a daily basis, 75% of Supergoop! users wear its products every day. Also key to the brand’s success: a recognition that all of us have different skin-care needs. “It’s not about one type of person or lifestyle or gender or skin tone,” says CEO Amanda Baldwin. “It’s about everyone.” In December, investment firm Blackstone took a majority stake that reportedly valued the company at $600 million to $700 million.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy