Supergoop! has managed to cut through the noise of the multibillion-dollar skin-care industry with a simple idea: SPF protection should be a fundamental part of everyone’s daily routine. While 84% of people don’t wear SPF on a daily basis, 75% of Supergoop! users wear its products every day. Also key to the brand’s success: a recognition that all of us have different skin-care needs. “It’s not about one type of person or lifestyle or gender or skin tone,” says CEO Amanda Baldwin. “It’s about everyone.” In December, investment firm Blackstone took a majority stake that reportedly valued the company at $600 million to $700 million.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating