Supergoop! has managed to cut through the noise of the multibillion-dollar skin-care industry with a simple idea: SPF protection should be a fundamental part of everyone’s daily routine. While 84% of people don’t wear SPF on a daily basis, 75% of Supergoop! users wear its products every day. Also key to the brand’s success: a recognition that all of us have different skin-care needs. “It’s not about one type of person or lifestyle or gender or skin tone,” says CEO Amanda Baldwin. “It’s about everyone.” In December, investment firm Blackstone took a majority stake that reportedly valued the company at $600 million to $700 million.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time