Supergoop! has managed to cut through the noise of the multibillion-dollar skin-care industry with a simple idea: SPF protection should be a fundamental part of everyone’s daily routine. While 84% of people don’t wear SPF on a daily basis, 75% of Supergoop! users wear its products every day. Also key to the brand’s success: a recognition that all of us have different skin-care needs. “It’s not about one type of person or lifestyle or gender or skin tone,” says CEO Amanda Baldwin. “It’s about everyone.” In December, investment firm Blackstone took a majority stake that reportedly valued the company at $600 million to $700 million.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism