Amid the Great Resignation, millions of workers have fled their jobs in search of flexibility and agency. Upwork, an online marketplace that connects clients with freelancers for a fee, is helping such workers discover new opportunities, as well as giving employers a way to find talent. The company recently launched new features for users on both sides of the hiring table, including Project Catalog (which lists prepackaged opportunities with defined scopes and rates) and Talent Scout (which curates the cream of the applicant crop for hiring managers and HR). Upwork now boasts nearly 800,000 clients, a 22% year-over-year increase.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time