Jordan Garrow, a member of the Seneca Nation of western New York, is chair of its investment arm, Seneca Holdings. Garrow oversaw the formation of Seneca Environmental, which launched in 2021 under Seneca Holdings to build out solar installations on tribal lands across the U.S. In 2023, Seneca Environmental announced a partnership with Alternative Energy Development Group to support the build out of a 55 megawatt, $135 million portfolio of distributed solar. Seneca Environmental is also working with other Indigenous groups—including the Monacan Nation, various Tribes and Pueblos in New Mexico, and Indigenous communities in Papua New Guinea—to involve them in solar and sustainable energy development.
The original version of this article misstated the name of the person who oversaw the formation of Seneca Environmental. It was Jordan Garrow, not Wendy Huff. It has also been updated to better reflect the nature of the partnership with Alternative Energy Development Group.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time