Rebecca Tinucci is the senior director for charging infrastructure at Tesla—and, some say, the driving force of the company. In 2023, Tinucci successfully negotiated deals with other EV manufacturers to expand access to Tesla’s charging network across the U.S. to include other major brands such as BMW, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, and Toyota. This move has effectively made Tesla’s charging standard the default in North America, giving the company access both to new revenue from non-Tesla owners, and to federal charging-infrastructure funding from which it was previously excluded.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time