The British band led by Chris Martin has committed to eliminating and offsetting their greenhouse gas emissions from their tours. As a result, the band said they would not tour until they could find a way to do so more sustainably. In 2022, Coldplay went back on the road—on a show-by-show basis the tour has released 47% fewer emissions than their previous stadium tour in 2016–17.
What is the single most important action you think the public, or a specific company or government, needs to take in the next year to advance the climate agenda?
Governments should invest more in climate change solutions and technology, and enact more laws to enforce climate policy.
What new sustainability effort or technology are you excited about for next year?
Next year, we’re going to make all of the vinyl records for our next album from recycled waste plastic bottles.
Where should climate activism go in the next year?
Empower people with hope. It’s not too late.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time