Ten years ago, four members of the Blackfeet Nation tribe did something that haunts them still: On forbidden lands, the friends hunted and killed a pregnant elk. Novelist Stephen Graham Jones, himself a Blackfeet, has spent decades weaving Indigenous American mythology into spellbinding works of horror. He is at his most masterful here, as he traces the mystical, gory violence that follows when the spirit of the elk—a mythical creature in the tribe’s tradition—takes its revenge.
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time