Ten years ago, four members of the Blackfeet Nation tribe did something that haunts them still: On forbidden lands, the friends hunted and killed a pregnant elk. Novelist Stephen Graham Jones, himself a Blackfeet, has spent decades weaving Indigenous American mythology into spellbinding works of horror. He is at his most masterful here, as he traces the mystical, gory violence that follows when the spirit of the elk—a mythical creature in the tribe’s tradition—takes its revenge.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption