Using the power of generative AI, Stable Audio, created by Stability AI, can whip up nearly any sound or song you want with a few simple text prompts. (Keying in “ambient techno, drum machine, peaceful, instrumental,” for example, resulted in a relaxed, new age track that wouldn’t be out of place in a chic lounge.) The model was trained on a dataset from a stock audio website (so it’s all legal), containing more than 800,000 audio files that add up to a collective 20,000 hours, and can be used for both professional and amateur projects.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time