When planning a hunt or a backcountry hike, knowing the latest on-the-ground conditions—like whether a cornfield has been harvested or a mountain pass is dry—is invaluable. OnX, which makes apps geared to hunters, off-roaders, and other backcountry adventurers, this year added a “recent imagery” feature, which provides paying users (in every U.S. state but Hawaii) unparalleled visibility thanks to satellite images provided by Planet Labs. The cloud-free imagery—twice as detailed as that of competing apps, OnX’s Brian Riordan says—is updated every two weeks.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time