These are independent reviews of the products mentioned, but TIME receives a commission when purchases are made through affiliate links at no additional cost to the purchaser.
Bird-watching just got high-tech. Buddy’s wi-fi-connected, battery-operated bird feeder has a discreet camera that snaps high-quality pictures and videos of your feathered friends and sends them right to your phone. Even better, each image is processed through Bird Buddy’s own AI model, which can quickly identify over 1,000 species. And if it can’t name a certain bird, worry not—an Ask the Community feature lets other users figure it out for you (a staffer reviews it for accuracy). In September, the company added the Bird Buddy Explore feature, which is like streaming for bird watchers: anyone with the app can check out feeds from dozens of Bird Buddy cameras across the globe.
Buy Now: Bird Buddy on mybirdbuddy.com
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time