Florence Darrow is a 20-something disgruntled editorial assistant at a publishing house with dreams of becoming a famous writer. Her career takes a turn when she begins working for one of the most successful novelists on the market, a prickly author named Helen who goes by the pseudonym Maud Dixon. On a research trip to Morocco, things go awry and Florence is unexpectedly presented with the opportunity to become the person she’s always wanted to be: Maud Dixon. As Alexandra Andrews details Florence’s desperation for fame, she weaves together an entertaining narrative that goes beyond a standard thriller. Yes, the twists are fun, but at the core of Who Is Maud Dixon? is an unnerving portrait of ambition, power and privilege.
Buy Now: Who Is Maud Dixon? on Bookshop | Amazon
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk