Omar Sy has an irresistible laugh—it’s contagious. It’s only one of the many special powers he possesses as an actor and human.
The first time I met Omar, I immediately felt his energy. He’s present and open, a joy to be around. He truly is a light.
We had a lot of fun collaborating on Burnt, cooking together in a kitchen with a team and having the rare opportunity to work with some of the top chefs in London. After having seen his incredible performance in the film The Intouchables, I was chomping at the bit to act with him, and it was just magic watching him crush it in every scene. He completely transforms into every character he takes on, as he also demonstrated in this year’s Lupin, the Netflix series in which he plays a master of disguise.
Omar has all the ingredients and skill to be able to do anything—produce, direct, etc.—and to do it with an open and generous heart. If there is one takeaway, it’s his kindness that permeates the room and you when you’re with him. A strong, confident, easy kindness. And that’s what is in need right now.
Cooper is an Oscar-nominated actor, screenwriter and producer
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time