Warning: the above video shows mild gore around the 45 second mark.
The title of man’s best friend might be in contention.
A pet cat came to her small human boy’s rescue when a neighborhood dog began attacking the child out of nowhere. Not only did Tara the cat hurl itself at the dog, but she chased him down the street.
“Thankfully my son is fine!” Roger Triantafilo said in the description of the surveillance video footage he posted on YouTube. The boy’s mother told the Bakersfield, Calif. ABC affiliate that her son needed stitches, but is overall a-okay. The dog is currently under observation — probably plotting his evil revenge.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving